The mission statement for Alcoa Middle is:
Alcoa Middle School is all about K.I.D.S.
Knowledge, Integrity, Diversity, and Success
The vision of Alcoa Middle School is to successfully prepare students for the 21st century both academically and socially. Alcoa Middle School will provide a positive environment for students, staff, and parents where learning is an enjoyable experience. This environment will promote mutual supporting and caring relationships; enhance commitment and involvement; challenge one another with appropriate expectations; and promote lifelong learning skills. By providing such an environment, Alcoa Middle School students will acquire the skills needed to function in a rapidly changing world.
The Alcoa Middle School administrators, faculty, and staff hold the following beliefs:
• Education is a shared responsibility of students, parents, teachers, staff, administrators, and community members and should be provided in a safe and orderly environment.
• A student becoming a productive, contributing member of our society is the result of an effective school.
• Students learn by being actively engaged in learning activities that are suitable to the needs of the individual.
• An effective school embraces all students in an atmosphere of acceptance.
• Students should be provided an opportunity to develop a value system based on lifelong guidelines that promote trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, compassion, citizenship, and accountability.
• A quality instructional program requires a strong curriculum that emphasizes basic skills, critical thinking, and reflective learning.
• An exciting learning environment includes the use of technology, cooperative learning groups, and hands-on experiences.
• Students’ developmental abilities and diversities should be considered in planning classroom instruction for a successful learning environment.
• Positive communication among students, parents, teachers, administrators, and stakeholders is essential to the success of the student.
• The needs of the students are effectively addressed when teachers and staff work as a team through the exchange of ideas and mutual support.
• Responsible citizenship results from learning and demonstrating: cooperation, social skills, and character.
• Nurturing positive relationships among students, teachers, staff, administrators, and parents enhances student achievement and self-esteem.
• A successful teacher understands the importance of explaining content, motivating and encouraging students to do their personal best, and values the worth of every child so they may become lifelong learners and achievers.
• Middle school age students should be exposed to a variety of experiences that will enable them to choose the direction they wish to pursue in high school and beyond.
• We believe all teachers, staff, and administrators should follow district policies and procedures regarding curriculum, attendance, and procedural steps.
• All teachers have the right to be involved in the decision-making process that affects the students they teach.